Living in the Light of the Last Days
June 9, 2013 Speaker: Series: Romans
Passage: Romans 13:11–14
Point # 1 Christian, understand the eschatological nature of the times in which you live (11-12a), and so . . .
- carry out all of the commands in Romans 12:1-13:10 because the hour has come to awake from slumber
- know your salvation is nearer now than when you first believed
- know the night is nearly over; the day is almost here.
Point # 2 Christian, live appropriately in the “already-here/not-yet-come” new creational reign of Christ (12b-14), and so . . .
- put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armour of light
- behave decently, not in in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.
- clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh
More in Romans
August 21, 2016More Than Conquerors
August 7, 2016What Does it Mean to be a New Covenant Christian (Pt.2)
July 10, 2016Slaves to Righteousness