Delighting in Leviticus: God’s Tabernacling Presence
Passage: Leviticus 1:1
“Delighting in Leviticus: God’s Tabernacling Presence”
Leviticus 1:1; John 2:13-22
Point # 1 Jesus cleanses the temple (John 2:13-17)
- The worship of God must not be destroyed by outward ritual and forms!
Point # 2 Jesus replaces the temple (John 2:18-22)
Point # 3 Tracing out God’s tabernacling presence
- One of God’s goals in creation was to magnify his GLORY throughout the whole earth by the means of his faithful image bearers inhabiting the entire world.
- The Garden of Eden.
- The pillar of fire/cloud in the wilderness wanderings.
- The shekina (inhabiting, dwelling) glory in the tabernacle’s Holy of Holies
- The shekina glory in Solomon’s temple (Holy of Holies)
- Jesus (John 1:14)
- The Holy Spirit indwelling his people. The church is the new temple – a last times, eschatological temple (Eph. 2:19-22; 2 Cor. 6:16)
- The New Heavens and New Earth (Rev. 21)