Jesus is Better
Passage: Hebrews 10:1–:25
Point # 1 (1-18) Christ’s sacrifice is once for all.
a. Shadow and reality (1-4)
b. The animal sacrifices of the Old Covenant vs. the obedience of Jesus to the will of God and the establishment of the New Covenant (5-10)
c. The finality of Christ’s priesthood (11-14)
d. The finality of Christ’s sacrifice (15-18)
Point # 2 (19-21) In contrast to the members of the Old Covenant, since we have access to God through Christ’s sacrifice, and since we have a great priest over the house of God
1. let us draw near to God (22).
2. let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess (23) .
3. let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds (24).
4. let us not give up meeting together (25a)
5. let us encourage one another—indeed, “all the more as you see the Day approaching” (25b)
More in Hebrews
March 16, 2014Living a Faithful Life of Gratitude and Godly Fear (Part II)
March 9, 2014Living a Faithful Life of Gratitude and Godly Fear (Part I)
March 2, 2014The Already-Here-Not-Yet-Come Unshakable Kingdom of God