Uncompromising Faith Through Adversity
Passage: Daniel 1:1–1:21
“Uncompromising Faith Through Adversity”
The message of Daniel: “Daniel encourages the faithful by showing them that though Israel was exiled from the Land of Promise, they will be restored to the realm of life at the resurrection of the dead, when the four kingdoms are followed by the Kingdom of God, so the people of God can trust him and persevere through persecution until God humbles proud human kings, gives everlasting dominion to the Son of Man, and the saints reign with him.” (With the Clouds of Heaven, James M. Hamilton Jr.)
Summary of chapter one:
- Daniel and his friends are taken into exile (1–7)
- Daniel and his friends remain undefiled (8–16)
- Daniel and his friends are given wisdom by God, promoted, and preserved (17–21)
- In spite of present appearances God is in control!
- It is possible to live a faithful life in exile surrounded by pagan influences and propaganda, if one sets one’s mind to serving the Lord wholeheartedly - but it’s a question of priorities.
More in Daniel
September 10, 2017A Heavenly Messenger and His Revelation
August 27, 2017Daniel’s Prayer: God’s Gracious Character, Our Sin
August 20, 2017The Ram, The Goat, The Arrogant Little Horn... and The Lamb