Sunday School: Elder-Led Congregationalism (Pt.2)
Topic: Elder-Led Congregationalism
1) How congregational-authority and elder-authority go together.
- Jesus gives all believers, when gathered as congregations, the authority of the keys.
- The congregation gets to exercise that authority together with and under the leadership of the elders.
2) How exactly does a church employ or exercise the keys? Through the ordinances.
- If baptism is the “initiating oath-sign” of the new covenant community, the Lord’s Supper is the “renewing oath-sign.”
- If baptism binds one to many, the Lord’s Supper binds many into one.
- In other words, baptism and the Lord’s Supper make the church visible
More in Sunday School: What is a Healthy Church?
March 4, 2018Sunday School: Elder-Led Congregationalism (Pt. 7)
February 18, 2018Sunday School: Elder-Led Congregationalism (Pt .6)
February 11, 2018Sunday School: Elder-Led Congregationalism (Pt. 5)