Alex Bloomfield's Ordination Sermon
July 29, 2018 Speaker: Series: General
Passage: 1 Timothy 4:12–4:16
12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. 14 Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.15 Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.
Charge to Alex
- Model an exemplary Christian lifestyle (1 Tim.4:12)
- Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in both (1 Tim.4:16)
Charge to New City Baptist Church: Love your pastor
- Love him for his noble desire to serve both God and you.
- Love his wife, Jessie.
- Love his children
- Love him with your complaints
- Love him when you don’t understand him
- Love him for a long time
- Love him because God loved you.
More in General
January 2, 2022Love Your Enemies
December 26, 2021Accepted By God
August 29, 2021On Sheep & Goats, Heaven & Hell, and Being a Faithful Church Member