The Age To Come
Passage: Luke 20:27–20:40
1.The Sadducees insincere question about the resurrection (27-40)
Jesus answer has two points:
- The Sadducean marriage dilemma misunderstands the afterlife, since marriage does not occur there. Thus, the problem the Sadducees pose to Jesus is a pseudo-problem. Resurrection existence transcends earthly existence and is not comparable (34–36)
- Scripture does teach resurrection in the Torah in how it mentions the patriarchs. Scripture proves that God will not abandon the elect to death (37–38)
Three Points of Application:
- The God of redemption is also the God of creation.
- Your marriage won't last forever; only one marriage does
- Jesus is the resurrection and the life.