The Last Supper, a Passover Meal
Passage: Luke 22:1–22:20
- Judas’ plans to betray (1-6)
- Preparing for the meal (7-13)
- The Last Supper, a Passover Meal (14-20)
Compatibilism (both of the following propositions are true at the same time)
- God is absolutely sovereign, but his sovereignty never functions in such a way that human responsibility is curtailed, minimized, or mitigated.
- Human beings are morally responsible creatures – they significantly choose, rebel, obey, believe, defy, make decisions and so forth, and they are rightly held accountable for such actions; but this characteristic never functions so as to make God absolutely contingent (secondary, a responder, a reactor, dependent upon us in some sense).