According to Scripture
October 28, 2018 Speaker: Series: Luke
Passage: Luke 24:13–49
1. The Messiah must suffer and die and rise from the dead on the third day, according to scripture.
• The Old Testament Scripture teaches the necessity of the Messiah’s glorification through suffering.
• The significance – the eternal consequence – of Jesus’ resurrection is open to understanding only through God’s word of revelation received in faith.
2. Repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in Jesus name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem, according to scripture.
• Just as the crucifixion and resurrection are part of the fulfilment of God’s plan, so is the commission of all Christians on universal mission, empowered by the Spirit