Sunday School: Christian Ethics (Pt.12.2: Abortion)
February 2, 2020 Speaker: Series: Sunday School: Christian Ethics
D. COUNTERING ARGUMENTS FOR ABORTION
1. Unable to Interact with Others and Survive on Its Own.
2. Birth Defects.
3. Pregnancies Resulting from Rape or Incest.
4. Abortion to Save the Life of the Mother.
E. WHAT LAWS SHOULD GOVERNMENTS ENACT REGARDING ABORTION?
1. Governments should enact laws prohibiting abortions except to save the life of the mother.
2. No government policies should promote or fund abortions.
3. No government policies should compel people to participate in abortions or to dispense drugs that cause abortions.
4. No government funding or support should be given to the process of creating human embryos for the purpose of destroying them in medical research.
F. OBJECTIONS TO LAWS RESTRICTING ABORTION
1. “These Laws Are a Wrongful Restriction of Freedom.”
2. “All Children Should Be Wanted Children.”
3. “I’m Personally Against Abortion, but I Don’t Support Laws against Abortion.”
4. “We Should Reduce the Causes of Abortion but Not Have Laws against Abortion.”
5. “Everyone Who Opposes Abortion Should Adopt a ‘Consistent Ethic of Life.’ ”
6. “Christians Should Not Try to Impose Their Moral Standards on Other People.”
G. THE IMPORTANCE OF THIS ISSUE
More in Sunday School: Christian Ethics
March 15, 2020Sunday School: Christian Ethics (Pt. 16.1: Marriage)
March 1, 2020Sunday School: Christian Ethics (Pt. 15.2: Illness and Death)
February 23, 2020Sunday School: Christian Ethics (Pt. 15.1: Illness and Death)