Baby Jesus: Sinner's Saviour
Passage: Matthew 1:1–1:21
Big Picture: Christmas is about the long-prophesied Messiah – the Son of David - who is the fulfillment of the Abrahamic promise of blessing to all the nations, coming to save his people from their sins. Christian, in every conversation this Christmas season, have this “submerged part of the iceberg” in your understanding at all times!
1. Who is Jesus? In fulfillment of Old Testament expectations Jesus is...
- the messiah, the Son of David - the eternal king of an eternal kingdom.
- the son of Abraham, the fulfillment of Gentile-blessing promised to Abraham.
2. The virgin conception of Emmanuel, “God with us” (18-20; 22-25)
3. The meaning of Christmas (21)