King Jesus Comes to Jerusalem to Die for the World
March 28, 2021 Speaker: Series: Easter
Passage: John 12:12–33
- King Jesus comes to Jerusalem (12–19)
- “Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem”
- “Jesus found a young donkey”
- “Blessed is the king of Israel!”
- “Look how the whole world has gone after him!”
- King Jesus predicts the “hour” of his glorification - that is, the appointed time for his death, resurrection, and exaltation (20-30)
- King Jesus’ death/glorification will achieve four things (31-33)
- It will pass judgment on the world.
- It will ‘drive out’ the prince of this world – the devil.
- It will exalt him.
- By it, Jesus will draw all people to himself
More in Easter
April 9, 2023It Was Impossible for Death to Hold Him
April 4, 2021The Resurrected Messiah's Great Commission to His Church
April 12, 2020John 20: My Lord and My God!