The Resurrected Messiah's Great Commission to His Church
April 4, 2021 Speaker: Series: Easter
Passage: Matthew 27:57– 28:20
1. The burial of the “cursed “Messiah (27:57-61)
2. Guarding the Messiah’s tomb (27:62-66)
3. The resurrection of the Messiah (28:1–15)
- The empty tomb (1–7)
- The first encounter with the risen Christ (8–10)
- The first fraudulent denials of Jesus’ resurrection (11–15)
4. The resurrected Messiah in Galilee (28:16–17)
5. The resurrected Messiah’s Great Commission to his Church (28:18-20)
a. The Great Commission is bound up with Jesus’ authority.
- This authority builds confidence.
- This authority is without geographical limit
- This authority presupposes that Jesus is worthy to be
worshiped by all.
b. The Great Commission is bound up with Jesus’ continued
More in Easter
April 9, 2023It Was Impossible for Death to Hold Him
March 28, 2021King Jesus Comes to Jerusalem to Die for the World
April 12, 2020John 20: My Lord and My God!