Sex and Marriage
October 31, 2021 Speaker: Series: 1 Corinthians
Passage: 1 Corinthians 7:1–6
Big Picture: Having sex regularly with our Christian spouse, and thus relieving the pressure of sexual temptation, is part of the way Christians flee sexual immorality and glorify God with their bodies.
- Because of sexual temptation married couples must be having regular sexual relations with their spouse. (1-2; 5)
- Within marriage, sexual privileges and responsibilities are reciprocal. (3-4)
- Sexual relations are a “due” within marriage because the body is not one’s own free possession but belongs to one’s spouse.
- Within marriage, neither partner is to deprive (“defraud”) the other of regular sexual relations except under three conditions (5-6):
- by mutual consent
- for the purpose of devoting themselves to prayer
- only temporarily
More in 1 Corinthians
March 20, 2022Do Everything in Love
March 13, 2022Flesh and Blood Cannot Inherit the Kingdom of God
March 6, 2022God Will Be Utterly Supreme Over Everything, Everywhere