Love Your Enemies
Passage: Luke 6:27–6:39
2022 New Year’s Message
A cruciform (gospel-centered) definition of love: “Love is willing self-sacrifice for the good of another that does not require reciprocation, or that the person being loved is deserving” (Paul David Tripp).
1: The WHAT:
- Love your enemies
- Do good to those who hate you
- Bless those who curse you
- Pray for those who mistreat you
2: HOW Christians love their enemies:
- Turn the other cheek
- Give to everyone who asks.
- Don’t demand back what belongs to you
- Lend money without expecting repayment
- Do to others as you would have them do to you.
3: WHY Christians love their enemies:
- What credit is it to you to love those who love you back?
- Your reward will be great.
- You will be children of the Most High.
- God is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
- You are to be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
More in General
December 26, 2021Accepted By God
August 29, 2021On Sheep & Goats, Heaven & Hell, and Being a Faithful Church Member
August 22, 2021Faithful Preparation for a Long Delay