The Wedding at Cana and Clearing the Temple
Passage: John 2:1–22
- The first sign: Jesus changes water to wine (1–11)
- Jesus clears the temple (12–17)
- The worship of God must not be destroyed by outward ritual and forms!
- The temple must be destroyed and must be raised again (18–22)
- John tells us that the temple Jesus had spoken of was his body.
- It is Jesus’ death and resurrection that establish him as the ultimate meeting point between God and his people.
- It is Jesus’ death and resurrection that establish his authority
This sermon series owes a debt to D.A. Carson’s commentary, “The Gospel According to John”
More in The Gospel of John
July 17, 2022King Jesus Comes to Jerusalem to Die for the World
July 10, 2022Jesus, the Resurrection and the Life
July 3, 2022Jesus, the Shepherd of the Sheep