Jesus Heals a Man Born Blind
June 26, 2022 Speaker: John Bell Series: The Gospel of John
Passage: John 9:1–41
BIG PICTURE: This chapter portrays what happens when Jesus, the light of the world, shines: some are made to see, like the man born blind, while others, who think they see, turn away, blinded, as it were, by the light.
- The sign: Jesus, the light of the world, heals a man born blind (1-12)</span >
- The investigation by the Pharisees (13–34)</span >
- The first interrogation of the healed man (13–17)</span >
- The interrogation of the man’s parents (18–23)</span >
- The second interrogation of the healed man (24–34)</span >
- The sight of the blind and the blindness of the sighted (35–41)</span >
- This sermon owes a debt to D.A. Carson’s “The Gospel According to John”, and “How Long, Oh Lord: Reflections on Suffering and Evil.”</span >
More in The Gospel of John
January 8, 2023By the Sea of Galilee
December 11, 2022The Resurrection of Jesus
December 4, 2022It is Finished!