King Jesus Comes to Jerusalem to Die for the World
Passage: John 12:12–33
- King Jesus comes to Jerusalem (12–19)
- “Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem”
- “Jesus found a young donkey”
- “Blessed is the king of Israel!”
- “Look how the whole world has gone after him!”
- King Jesus predicts the “hour” of his glorification - that is, the appointed time for his death, resurrection, and exaltation (20-30)
- King Jesus’ death/glorification will achieve four things (31-33)
- It will pass judgment on the world.
- It will ‘drive out’ the prince of this world – the devil.
- It will exalt him.
- By it, Jesus will draw all people to himself
This sermon series owes a debt to D.A. Carson’s “The Gospel According to John”