It Was Impossible for Death to Hold Him
Passage: Acts 2:24–32
- The event: the coming of the Holy Spirit (2:1–13)
- The explanation: the Holy Spirit’s coming proves Jesus is the resurrected Lord-Messiah (2:14–36)
- We now live in the New Age of the Holy Spirit when God has poured out his Spirit upon “all” people.
- This New Age of the Spirit has been ushered in through the death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth, who is the Messiah.
- God raised Jesus the Messiah from the dead in accordance with Scriptures and was seen by witnesses.
- Jesus’ Messiahship was confirmed by God in exalting Jesus to his right hand and bestowing upon him the Name above every name: he is the Lord.
3. The reaction: repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus and receive the promised gift: the forgiveness of sins and the Holy Spirit (2:37–41).
More in Easter
April 4, 2021The Resurrected Messiah's Great Commission to His Church
March 28, 2021King Jesus Comes to Jerusalem to Die for the World
April 12, 2020John 20: My Lord and My God!